The name gives it away. It’s a box! What more do you expect? A box, in which you physically can store nothing unless you decide to give it a surgery and take all of its parts outside and actually make it a refrigerator. A box, which provides entertainment to lots of people worldwide and yet is made fun of by the same people. A box, which is first thought of as a refrigerator rather than that of an Xbox. Many people call it a rocket launcher, while some make fun of it by calling it an ‘elongated spongebob’.
I personally didn’t have much of a reaction when I first heard about the Xbox series x [spoiler alert! I don’t play on the Xbox(s), PlayStation is my buddy]. I didn’t have a craze about Xbox from the start. It is because, firstly, I am
NOT comfortable with the controller design and secondly, the predicted price is very high (the official price is yet not announced and the predicted price is taken into consideration with comparison to the previous Xbox prices)
Now, the Xbox series x will also be available to the people of the world from holidays 2020. As I also discussed in my ps5 blog about the impact of sales, I’ll give the same here but as a really short summary so that you don’t get bored of reading the same content again and again. Shipping in most countries has come to a halt due to the pandemic so the sales will go down and also the second point that a quiet good amount of people will not buy stuff unless its essential.
1. Internal storage: 1TB custom
2. Optical Drive: 4K UHD Blu-Ray Drive
3. Performance Target: 4K @ 60 FPS, Up to 120 FPS
4. A custom processor and graphics card from AMD: The processor is a customized AMD Zen 2 CPU with eight cores and 16 threads, with a peak speed of 3.8GHz, and a base speed of 3.6GHz.
5. Enhanced memory for a smoother experience: The Xbox series x will get 16GB of GDDR6 memory – an upgrade from the Xbox One X’s 12GB GDDR5. For the games the memory will be a total of 13.5GB – 10GB of GPU optimal memory and 3.5GB of standard memory.
Credits: Phil Spencer/@XboxP3
6. 8K capability: Despite 4K bring the aim, Microsoft has said that the Xbox series x will have/has an 8K capability. Xbox series x’s processors’ photo which was shared by Phil Spencer, had a ‘Project Scarlett’ marking on it along with a 8K marking too.
7. Seagate expandable storage: Xbox Series X Seagate expansion card looks like a cross between an external hard drive and USB thumb drive and it’s designed to be plugged directly into the proprietary port on the back of the Xbox Series X console.
8. Super-fast SSD: A 'Quick Resume' feature for the console will let you "almost instantly" continue with multiple games, without the need to sit through load screens.
There are many other new features that are added but I listed the ones that I thought were important
PS5 vs XBOX SERIES X, which one should you buy?
Now this completely depends on the person who is buying and his/her perspective of the consoles. But if we compare the statistics of the sales, we get the result that playstations are being sold more than Xbox’s and switches. That sums up that there is something in Playstation that impresses the users more than Xbox. Now I will let y’all decide whether you want to buy the ps5 or the Xbox series x. If you want you can refer to the “PS5: The Next Gen Wifi Router” blog and also this one if you want to compare the two consoles. In my opinion, I would buy the ps5 rather than the Xbox series x because of the reasons mentioned previously.
Thank you guys for reading my blog, make sure to share you thoughts, opinions in the comments section and also make sure to smash the like button. Follow us on instagram @adroit_blogs.